Montessori is a Philosophy and method of education pioneered by the Italian educationalist Dr Maria Montessori
The first Montessori school was opened in 1907 and since then the Montessori movement has grown worldwide.
The Montessori philosophy emphasises the potential of the very young child and the main aim of the philosophy is to assist children to reach their fullest potential.
There are specialised educational materials developed by Maria Montessori in our classrooms and supplemented by complementary resources. Our talented and innovative teachers create learning materials also to reflect the cultural context of New Zealand.
Our Puddleducks’ Montessori Unique Features
- We plan and prepare an inviting, enabling environment which offers equitable opportunities for children to learn and develop at their own pace and rhythm.
- We offer extracurricular activities twice a week; Kindy Gym held at Gymsports Manawatu and Creative movement classes held at Montessori, led by an experienced dance teacher
- There are two beautifully equipped Montessori classrooms and an exciting outdoor Montessori programme accessible to children during the session.
- We are an Enviroschool belonging to a wider community of early childhood centres and schools in our region. Integrating education for sustainability into our whole programme supports creating a better world. It is woven seamlessly into our Montessori way of life. “The land is where our roots are, the children must be taught to feel and live in harmony with the Earth”. Dr Maria Montessori
- Children’s learning stories are uploaded to Storypark, a secure online portfolio which you are able to access at any time and invite family members from around the world to view.
Testimonial -Ives Family, March 2016
“All three of our children have attended Puddleducks’ Montessori over the past eight years and what a pleasure it has been watching them grow and develop a love of learning in such a respectful and nurturing environment.
Our children are all very different personalities but each has thrived and developed as a self- motivated learner in the inspiring and creative Montessori learning environment.
The focus on self-care has greatly helped their independence. They have learned respect of others that has aided them socially.
We have found the lovely teachers to be passionate and dedicated in guiding their development.
We would unreservedly recommend Puddleducks’ Montessori to all parents who want a holistic educational experience in a warm and caring environment for their children”.